1. Immediately wipe down wet surfaces, especially in bathrooms and kitchens, are the perfect place for mold to grow. Make sure to frequently clean damp surfaces with a dry cloth and watered-down bleach.
2. Keep the house clear of dust by wiping down surfaces throughout the home reguarly such as blinds, baseboards, walls, and lampshades. This will prevent dust buildup.
3. Use air humidifiers to help filter out dust and allergens from the air.
4. Clean TOP to BOTTOM- Start by cleaning light fixtures and blinds, and then make your way down and finish cleaning the floors last.
5. Keep humidity in your home below 45% in order to reduce dust mites.
6. Wash your sheets/bedding at least once a week in hot water (130° F) to reduce dust mite load.
7. Try and use fewer carpets and rugs throughout your home to prevent dust buildup.
8. Bathe your pets weekly to wash away dander and allergens from fur.
9. Moisturize your skin often in the winter, especially if you suffer from eczema, it's important to keep your skin moisturzied. Lotion locks in water and creates a barrier for your skin against the cold, harsh winters.
10. Wear a face mask covering over the nose and mouth when outdoors. This will prevent inhalation of any unwanted pollens or allergens from the outside air.